We want to involve local Black people and communities within all of our work, whether that be by welcoming new talent on our team, offering up volunteer roles on our projects, or hosting events, webinars and our biannual Black Thrive Assemblies. Our current vacancies are all listed below. Make sure you subscribe to our mailing list to be the first to hear about our future events and opportunities.
We are a small, but dedicated team with big ambitions. Our work focuses on changing systems that create and sustain inequalities for Black people. We continue to push conventional boundaries, which means our work is challenging, but both exciting and extremely rewarding.
We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need us to make adjustments during the application process, please let us know.
Interested in joining the team? Please take a look at our current vacancies.
Reports to: Communications Manager
Manages: No direct reports
Salary: £30,000 – £32.000 per year
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
About Black Thrive
We exist to change the odds stacked against Black people by embedding meaningful change at every level of society so that thriving is not the exception but the norm for Black people.
Black Thrive Global evolved from the work of the Black Thrive Lambeth Partnership, which was established in 2016 to address the inequalities that negatively impact the mental health and wellbeing of Black people in Lambeth. Black people’s cumulative exposure to negative experiences and poor outcomes are not unique to Lambeth and Black Thrive Global was founded in 2020 to address the detrimental outcomes for Black people of African and Caribbean descent wherever they may be located.
Our work covers all life stages – children and young people, working age adults and older adults. Our guiding principle is to centre the lived experiences of Black communities in all that we do and our strategic priorities are to embed race equity in systems change and to decolonise the evidence landscape.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a creative, organised, and disciplined person to take on a key role within our rapidly expanding organisation. As the Communications and Digital Officer, you will be central in the implementation of Black Thrive Global’s communications strategy. You will be supporting our Communications Manager in the delivery of all aspects of communications and marketing activity with both key stakeholders and the public. You will help to support the creation of a compelling and consistent narrative about the work that Black Thrive Global does across all our communication channels. You will be integral in helping to disseminate key messaging for core projects and work-streams working closely with our internal teams and external partners. Black Thrive Global’s communication approach aims to be both reactive and proactive, and you will be expected to be well informed about events and trends in the media and public arena.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Produce compelling and engaging content for internal and external blog posts, newsletters, and digital content across our communication channels.
2. Produce in-house design for publications and promotional materials and social media assets as required.
3. Lead on delivery and scheduling of the Communications Calendar, this will include horizon scanning of the news agenda as well as regular yearly campaigns i.e., Disability Week, Refugee Month, International Day of the Girl, LGBTQIA+ etc.
4. Deliver and implement our social media strategy across our various platforms.
5. Lead on managing and developing social media channels to engage and grow our online audience.
6. Maintain and update our website and digital content.
7. Support the Communications Manager and internal teams with producing reactive media and digital outputs.
8. Support with PR and media relations tasks, including monitoring coverage, building up journalist databases and drafting statements and releases.
9. Support internal teams with event coordination and marketing campaigning.
10. Collecting and analysing data and information of communications activity to assess our impact and opportunities for brand growth.
11. Support the Communications Manager with the quarterly Directors’ Communications Report.
12. Work with freelancers and volunteers as required.
13. Spend up to 10% of time supporting corporate business such as strategy and administration.
Please write and submit a one-page cover letter alongside your CV. In your cover letter you should summarise how the experience on your CV makes you suitable for the role and your motivation for joining Black Thrive Global. Successful interview candidates will be expected to do a pre-interview task and one interview presentation.
To apply, please visit Charity Jobs
Closing Date: 23 September 2022 at 23:59
Interview dates: Commencing w/c 3 October 2022